The answer is; Yes definitely. Below are a few articles to prove that DASS is valid and reliable.
DASS also has been translated and validated to 45 other languages in this world. However in comparison to clinical assessment by a qualified psychiatrist, clinical assessment is the gold standard.
- Lovibond SH, Lovibond PF. Manual for the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales. 2. Sydney: Psychology Foundation of Australia; 1995.
- Lovibond PF, Lovibond SH. The structure of negative emotional states: comparison of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales (DASS) with the Beck Depression and Anxiety Inventories. Behav Res Ther. 1995;33(3):335–343.
- Ng F, Trauer T, Dodd S, Callaly T, Campbell S, Berk M. The validity of the 21‐item version of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales as a routine clinical outcome measure. Acta Neuropsychiatrica. 2007;19(5):304–310
- Brown TA, Chorpita BF, Korotitsch W, Barlow DH. Psychometric properties of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales (DASS) in clinical samples. Behav Res Ther. 1997;35(1):79–89.
- Antony MM, Bieling PJ, Cox BJ, Enns MW, Swinson RP. Psychometric properties of the 42-item and 21-item versions of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales in clinical groups and a community sample. Psychol Assess. 1998;10(2):176–181.
- Henry JD, Crawford JR. The short-form version of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales (DASS-21): Construct validity and normative data in a large non-clinical sample. Br J Clin Psychol. 2005;44:227–239.
- Chan RC, Xu T, Huang J, Wang Y, Zhao Q, Shum DH, O’Gorman J, Potangaroa R. Extending the utility of the Depression Anxiety Stress scale by examining its psychometric properties in Chinese settings. Psychiatry Res. 2012. in press. [PubMed]
- Musa R, Fadzil MA ZZ. Translation, validation and psychometric properties of Bahasa Malaysia version of the Depression Anxiety and Stress Scales (DASS) ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry. 2007;82(2):82–89.
- Severino GA, Haynes WDG. Development of an Italian version of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales. Psychol Health Med. 2010;15(5):607–621.
- Bados A, Solanas A, Andres R. Psychometric properties of the Spanish version of depression, anxiety and stress scales (DASS) Psicothema. 2005;17(4):679–683.
- Tran TD, Tran T, La B, Lee D, Rosenthal D, Fisher J. Screening for perinatal common mental disorders in women in the north of Vietnam: a comparison of three psychometric instruments. J Affect Disord. 2011;133(1–2):281–293. [PubMed]
- Tuan T, Harpham T, Huonh N. Validity and reliability of the self-reporting questionnnaire 20 items in Vietnam. Hong Kong J. 2004;14(3):7–10.
- Fisher J, Tran T, La BT, Kriitmaa K, Rosenthal D, Tuan T. Common perinatal mental disorders in northern Viet Nam: community prevalence and health care use. Bull World Health Organ. 2010;88(10):737–745.
- First M, Gibbon M, Spitzer R, Williams J. User’s Guide for the Structured Interview for DSM-IV Axis 1 Disorders – Research Version. New York: Biometrics Research; 1996.
- Maruyama G. Basics of structural equation modeling. Thousand Oaks, Calif: Sage Publications; 1997.
- Kline P. An easy guide to factor analysis. London: Routledge; 2002.
- Warner J. Clinicians’ guide to evaluating diagnostic and screening tests in psychiatry. Adv Psychiatr Treat. 2004;10:446–454.
- GSO. Viet Nam Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey 2006, Final Report. Ha Noi, Viet Nam: General Statistics Office; 2007.
- Tran TD, Tran T, Fisher J. Validation of three psychometric instruments for screening for perinatal common mental disorders in men in the north of Vietnam. J Affect Disord. 2012;136:104–109.
- Ramli M, Ariff MF, & Zaini Z. Translation, validation and psychometric properties of Bahasa Malaysia version of the Depression Anxiety and Stress Scales (DASS). ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry 2007;8 (2):82-89. http://www.med.cmu.ac.th/dept/psychiatry/AJP_Contents-vo%20l%208-2.htm
- Ramli M., Salmiah MA, Nurul Ain M. Validation and psychometric properties of Bahasa Malaysia version of the Depression Anxiety and Stress Scales (DASS) among diabetic patients. Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry, Nov 2009 Vol 18 No. 2, page 40-45. http://ejournal.psychiatry-malaysia.org/article.php?aid=65
- Ramli Musa, Roszaman Ramli, Kartini Abdullah, Rosnani Sarkarsi Concurrent Validity Of The Depression Anxiety and Stress Scales (DASS). ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry, Vol.12(1), Jan – June 2011:. http://www.aseanjournalofpsychiatry.org/online_12_1.htm
- Ramli M, Rosnani S, Aidil Faszrul AR. Psychometric Profile of Malaysian version of the Depressive, Anxiety and Stress Scale 42-item (DASS-42). Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry, 2012 Vol 20, MJP Early Online 1-1-12. http://www.psychiatry-malaysia.org/file_dir/6825599714f1398ee31bd6.pdf
- Wen Jiun Liu, Ramli Musa, Thian Fook Chew, Christopher Thiam Seong Lim, Zaki Morad, Mohamad Adam Bujang. DASS21; Useful tool in the psychological Profile evaluation of dialysis patients. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences 2018, 355 (4), 322- 330.